There are three things you can try if you’re unsure what to say in a wedding video message. These wedding video message ideas include the best phrases to convey your congratulations or best wishes to the couple and how you’d share your excitement for their future.
But more than knowing how to speak on message videos, do you know that you can add photos to your wedding video to make it more immersive? Here’s how to make a wedding video with pictures.
Exactly What To Say In A Wedding Video Message
Send your best wishes to the couple
The most common messages received by the couple, especially with a surprise wedding video message, are their closest family and friends sending their best wishes. You don’t need to overthink what to speak with these messages.
Furthermore, wedding video messages are usually composed of short clips from guests. There’s no need to include long stories, but instead, focus on your happiness and best wishes to the couple.
- [Names of the couple], wishing you a glorious married life ahead! I’ll always be here when you need me, and I love you both.
- Best wishes to [Mr. and Mrs. Couple’s last name]! My family/partner and I are pleased to witness your union, and we hope this special day is the beginning of beautiful memories to follow.
- Wishing you both all the happiness, love, joy, and good health. You’re my favorite couple, remember that.
- Happy wedding day to my favorite couple [couple’s names]! Best wishes and know that you are always blessed.
Remind the couple of your excitement about their marriage
If you find saying simple best wishes too monotonous, you can talk about your excitement for the couple’s marriage instead. What to say in a wedding video can be about how you think they are the perfect match and their marriage is something you’re looking forward to.
Wedding messages from the bride and groom’s parents are typically composed of brief stories where they look back and think their child has found the perfect match. Here are some examples:
- From the moment I heard [bride/groom] talking about [bride/groom], I know that you two are made for each other. I’m excited for the years ahead. Cheers to [Mr. and Mrs. Couple’s last names]
- I don’t believe in soulmates until I witness your relationship. This wedding is a peek at what is yet to come for my favorite couple. Love you guys and best wishes.
- Congratulations, you guys! I am excited to be your future children’s fun aunt/uncle!
- May your love for each other nourish your upcoming years as a married couple. Cheers!
Congratulate the couple on their wedding
If you’re one of those who are uncomfortable speaking in front of the camera, your wedding video message can be a simple word of congratulations to the couple. You are not pressured to elaborate and have a long screen time, but you’d still look sincere even if you’re camera shy.
Ultimately, be sincere with whatever you’ll say and try to smile pleasantly. You can also wave and make gestures with your hand while giving these short and sweet wedding video messages.
- Congratulations to the gorgeous couple! God bless you!
- Nothing makes me happier than seeing you two get married! Congratulations!
- Congratulations to my dearest [friend/family]. Good things are coming your way!
- I may not be present at your wedding, but know that you’re always in my heart. Congratulations, my favorite couple!
What Do You Say In A Wedding Message?
Do not overthink the messages to say in a wedding video. You can say a simple congratulations or send your best wishes to the couple since the wedding video is composed of many more people saying lengthy messages are unnecessary.
You should also refrain from making the message about you, and there’s no need to include stories that may need more context to understand. Furthermore, ask the videographer if it’s a surprise wedding video before the wedding or if everyone at the reception will watch it.
You can say your excitement about their marriage ceremony if it’s the former. But for the wedding message at the reception, focus on congratulating a couple on their union.
Here are some more ideas:
- Sing the couple their favorite song or compose a love song for them
- Make the couple a poem and read it
- Tell a funny story about the couple, but make sure it’s not embarrassing, and wrapping it up proves their love for each other
How Do You Comment On A Marriage Video?
Here are some tips when you’re asked to give a message for a wedding video:
- Make sure that the cameraman’s orientation for his camera is in landscape
- If you’re asked to record yourself, select a quiet space with a clean background
- Wear headphones if you don’t have a mic for good audio
- Keep your wedding message short, but you can always include some humor and sentimental stories in your video message
- Check the quality of the recording and repeat if needed
If you want to entertain the guests at the reception, you can learn how to make a wedding slideshow they can watch.
And that’s it! You just learned what to say in a wedding video message by sending your best wishes, being excited about the couple’s future, or simply congratulating them.
Be genuine, and remember that you don’t have to give a lengthy message. Your greeting should show your support and love to the couple more than anything else.