Do you want to throw the ultimate mermaid baby shower stress-free? Here’s a complete guide of everything you need to know for the mermaid theme.
We’ll tackle the best venues, colors, decorations, food ideas, games, and favors that capture the magical worlds underneath the sea and ocean. And if you’re doing a little mermaid party for the little princess, you can check these baby girl baby shower ideas to compare the mermaid theme with other standout party themes.
Complete Planning Guide For The Best Mermaid Baby Shower
4 Magical But Practical Mermaid Baby Shower Venue Ideas
The best venue to host a mermaid party is by the beach. You don’t need to spend too much on the ocean-inspired baby shower decorations because the location makes the perfect backdrop for memorable photos.
You can set up a baby shower cake table with a purple tablecloth and cute sea creatures as decor ideas. You can also arrange comfortable blankets and pillows with mermaid tail designs so guests can relax while watching the sunset.
You’re not limited to outdoor venues when throwing a little mermaid party for the baby princess. You can also decorate any indoor event space or even your home.
Be familiar with color palettes that capture the mermaid theme perfectly below and use them for the decorations and other items at the indoor venue. You should also prepare backdrops and oversized balloon decorations to make the space pop out more.
It’s perfectly possible to throw a mermaid baby shower in a backyard. The natural green colors outdoors will combine nicely with purple and other mermaid colors to embody the ocean-inspired ambiance.
You can create an intimate space in the backyard with purple and green tulle fabrics around the tables and chairs for everyone at the mermaid party. You can even set up a chair to look like a large clam shell for the mom-to-be.
If you can’t find a beachside venue for the mermaid baby shower, a fun location for the party is by the pool. You can book a pool or transform your backyard space with a pool for the mermaid theme.
Add floating sea creature decorations on the pool or play games that are perfect to beat the heat, especially if it’s a summer baby shower. As for how you’ll design this venue for the mermaid theme, some ideas include setting wooden crates and a fishing net by the pool and adding cute and colorful elements like shells, purple and pink balloons, or even flowers in mermaid colors.
You can read this hosting guide for the best nautical baby shower and combine the colors and theme of the party with the mermaid baby shower for a unique celebration that captures the sea world.
4 Cutest Mermaid Baby Shower Colors That Captures The Mermaid Theme Perfectly
White, purple, and blue-green
The most common palette for a mermaid baby shower includes white, purple, and blue-green. Use these colors on your balloons, flowers, backdrop, or any other decoration at the mermaid party.
Do not think that this theme is limited to one gender. The little mermaid baby shower can be for the adorable prince or princess, especially with these majestic colors.
Blue, green, and pink
If you’re throwing the mermaid theme for the baby girl baby shower, you can never go wrong with including pink in the colors of the baby shower decorations or invitations. For example, soft pink balances dark blues and greens at the venue.
You can also use pink on the flowers, party favors, or food items at the mermaid baby shower. And finally, why not provide pink mermaid tails that guests can wear, especially if the venue is by the pool?
Yellow, blue, and pink
A fun combination for the mermaid theme is yellow, blue, and pink. These colors are perfect if it’s a summer baby shower or you want to add a tropical design to the ocean-inspired color scheme.
You can use these colors on the mermaid tail decor or tiers of the baby shower cake. They also make cute frosting colors on desserts like donuts and cupcakes that follow the sea theme.
Metallics and pastels
If you want a unique color scheme that will show nicely on the photos, combine pastels and metallics. You can have the usual mermaid color palette on balloons, then add rose gold or silver mylar balloons, for example.
Metallics and glittery decorations pair perfectly with sea and mermaid-inspired baby shower decorations. You can also use them as details on invitations and party favors.
5 Important Baby Shower Decoration Ideas For An Adorable Mermaid Party
Mermaid Baby Shower Backdrop Ideas
- Ocean-colored fabric backdrop
- Printed or painted backdrop with sea creatures
- Faux greenery background with balloon garlands in mermaid colors
- Blue, gray, and green shimmery fabrics with lights and decor like seahorses and lifebuoys
- Custom printed white backdrop with mermaids
Mermaid Baby Shower Banner Ideas
- Paper garlands that look like corals
- Mermaid tail-shaped banner
- Simple baby shower garland with shells and sea creatures
- Ocean hue-inspired simple fabric baby shower garland
- Baby shower garland with a cute mermaid tail at the center
Mermaid Baby Shower Balloons
- Mermaid tail balloon arch
- Blue, green, purple, and white balloon arch with dolphin decor
- Blue-green and purple balloon columns
- Clear balloons with confetti and glitter
- Custom-printed balloons with a mermaid silhouette
Mermaid Baby Shower Centerpieces
- Baby shower cake with mermaid tail cake topper
- Floral arrangement inspired by corals
- Blue table runner with fishnet and cute shell details
- Coral and sea creature mini sculptures
- Opened clam with pearls and glittery decor
Mermaid Baby Shower Venue Decor Ideas
- Clam shell chair
- Jellyfish floating decors
- Peper flowers in blue-green, pink, and purple
- Mini lighthouse lanterns
- Coral balloon arrangements with cute stuffed toys of ocean creatures
3 Must-Have Mermaid Baby Shower Food Ideas That Guests Will Love
Mermaid baby shower cake ideas
- Blue-green fondant cake with mermaid tail decorations and mermaid fondant cake topper
- Round buttercream cake designed like mermaid tail scales with opened clam cake topper
- Blue gradient buttercream cake with edible fondant decorations like corals, sea horses, and shells
- Custom printed sheet cake with the little mermaid
- Pastel-colored tiered cake with baby mermaids
Sea creature sweets and pastries
- Rice crispy treats dipped in purple-colored white chocolate and topped with edible shells
- Green, pink, and blue meringue cookies with candy pearls and starfish
- Pink, blue-green, and purple buttercream-frosted cupcakes with mermaid tail chocolates
- Blue-green milkshake with chocolates and candies inspired by mermaid color palettes
- Layered jelly dessert in jars designed like the ocean
Ocean floor food set-ups
- Veggie slices arranged as cute sea creatures
- Croissant sandwiches designed as crabs
- Fish bowls filled with blue-green, purple, and pink candies
- Fish crackers and candies inside glass jars
- Blue jelly shots over edible sand
3 Best Baby Shower Games For The Mermaid Theme
Mermaid Baby Shower Bingo
Play a typical baby shower bingo but use the mermaid theme for the props. You can give guests shells as markers and print the bingo cards with cute sea creatures in a mermaid color palette.
Pin The Mermaid Tail
Design a mermaid cardboard stand where blindfolded guests can pin the mermaid’s tail. This is a fun activity, especially outdoors, where guests compete for a generous prize like a gift basket or gift card.
Catch The Fish Biscuits
If your mermaid baby shower party is co-ed, you can pair guests and have them toss and try to catch fish biscuits with their partners. The first one to finish the whole bag within the time limit wins.
But if you don’t want to play games, here is what to do at a baby shower without games. For mermaid baby showers, you can do mermaid embroidery kits, jewelry making, or sand art activities.
2 Mermaid Baby Shower Party Favors Guests Will Love
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Green and purple royal icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix butter, egg, sugar, and vanilla
- Mix flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter
- Add the dry mixture to the fluffy butter gradually
- Roll out the dough and cut tails using a mermaid tail cookie cutter
- Bake for 7 minutes and cool completely
- Pipe and decorate the mermaid tail cookies and dry them for 4 hours
Mermaid bath bombs
- 1 cup baking soda
- ¼ cup cream of tartar
- ½ cup citric acid
- 2 tablespoons Witch Hazel
- 2 tablespoons castor oil
- Your choice of essential oils
- Blue, purple, and pink soap colorants
- Mix the first three ingredients and stir in the oils
- Combine essential oils and add the castor oil and Witch Hazel
- Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients gradually
- When it feels like moist sand, separate the bath bomb mixture into three containers and color accordingly
- Layer the colors to the mold half and press the other onto it tightly
- Let the bath bombs dry overnight
And that’s it! You should be ready to smoothly and stress-free host the most magical and memorable mermaid baby shower.
We hope the venues give you options besides the beach, the color palettes inspire your party ambiance, and you can get creative with the decorations influenced by the sea and ocean. Let us know which food, game, and favor theme are your favorites for the mermaid party below.