If you want to learn how to choose your wedding makeup look, please consider five tips. We will help you avoid the common wedding makeup mistakes for brides to ensure that you’ll look your best on your big day.
You will also get ideas on the best foundation for different bridal looks according to the type of wedding you’re having. And if you haven’t booked one yet, here is how to find a makeup artist for a wedding.
How To Choose Your Wedding Makeup Look To Avoid Bridal Makeup Mistakes
Find bridal makeup looks
- Browse different wedding makeup ideas online to get inspiration
- Compare the various makeup look offered by the makeup artists in your location
- Combine all the other parts of bridal makeup you may want for your wedding day; do you want the eyeshadow from one photo and the contour on another?
- You can also look at the works of famous makeup artists, even if they’re not bridal
- Celebrities and models can inspire your makeup if you think they will suit your wedding
Consider your wedding for the appropriate wedding makeup styles
- When choosing the wedding makeup you’ll wear, a fantastic way to decide on a style is to consider your wedding
- Choose a makeup look that suits the formality and theme of the wedding
- The season and venue of the wedding should also be influential when choosing your wedding makeup look as some are inappropriate for the weather or conservative venue, for example
- Keep your wedding hair and outfit in mind when choosing your makeup
- The wedding makeup look you’re having should also be somewhat cohesive with the bridal party’s makeup
Know what makeup look flatters you
- It’s important that when choosing your wedding makeup look, you’re also aware of the techniques, products, and shades that work especially for you
- Use your usual makeup look as a guide on what techniques flatter your feature best
- Identify the best formulation of products that work with your skin type
- Use your skin tone as a guide to identifying the palettes that will suit you best for your wedding day
- Look at your best features to know how to highlight them and make you will more confident
Get trials from the wedding makeup artist
- After you have compiled various ideas for your wedding makeup look, find a makeup artist that you think can do your desired style
- Book a trial appointment with your chosen makeup artist so both of you can also modify the techniques to suit you specifically
- Choosing your bridal makeup look is only the first step, as you want to see how your imagined style will translate into your facial features
- You can also sample different looks with your makeup artist
- Be open-minded in replacing some products, colors, and techniques, as you go because gorgeous makeup looks on celebrities, won’t automatically mean they would be ideal as wedding makeup for brides
Take comments and ideas
- Consider choosing your wedding makeup as a bonding activity with your bridal party
- Be open to comments and ideas from your trusted friends and family
- Bring your bridesmaids to your wedding makeup trial, so they can also see your prospective bridal look
- Consult a friend or relative who looked especially great with wedding makeup on their big day
- Keep an open mind when choosing various bridal makeup looks, especially from professional artists
Which Foundation Is Best For Bridal Look?
Choosing your foundation is as important as choosing your wedding makeup look because it’s the base for everything.
Brides that want a high-coverage base for their bridal look
Consider the Estée Lauder Double Wear if you need a high-coverage foundation that is a cult favorite for a reason. This is the perfect formula if you want a consistent look from the ceremony to the reception.
For the natural wedding makeup look
Some brides don’t want the high-coverage look for their makeup, and a skin tint might suit the bridal makeup look they’re going for much better. For this, try the Pixi H2O Skin Tint for something light but still water-resistant.
For bridal photoshoots
If you have many photoshoots and want skin that translates well to the camera, find your best MAC Studio Fix shade. This formula has a natural matte finish and works nicely with highlighters.
For brides with oily skin
You don’t want to look shiny because of your oily skin on your big day. Wear the Laura Mercier Silk Crème Oil-Free Foundation so you won’t get that annoying sheen in photos.
For brides with sensitive skin
If you have sensitive skin, wear the Bare Minerals Matte Mineral Loose Powder Foundation on your wedding day. It won’t cause breakouts and blemishes; the formula is even designed to be non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic.
For an outdoor or hot wedding venue
Foundations can be tricky to wear, especially if it’s hot or outdoors. Consider the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Hydrating Longwear Foundation as it’s sweat and humidity-proof while still being ideal for dry skin.
Ultimately, the technique of your artist is important in ensuring the best makeup look. Please read how much to tip wedding makeup artist to show your appreciation to them.
Was this guide helpful? You just learned how to choose your wedding makeup look in five tips.
Collect inspiration, consider your wedding, know what flatters you, get trials, and be open to other ideas. We hope this helps; let us know below if you have any questions.