One of the most enjoyable things to prepare are baby shower desserts, so here are 14 delicious but easy recipes you can do to impress your guests. We’ve also included affordable desserts that need a few ingredients.
And if you have a specific theme, we’ve listed baby shower desserts in pink and blue. But to make the most of these cute desserts, please read how to make a candy table for a baby shower and arrange them with style.
14 Must-Have Baby Shower Desserts For All Kinds Of Sweet Tooth
The Cutest Pink Baby Shower Desserts For Baby Girl Baby Shower
Make your baby girl baby shower dessert table more memorable with these pink dessert recipes. Not only are they a treat for the tastebuds, but they’re also a feast for the eyes.
Pink cheesecake brownies
Serve your guests with pink brownies swirled with indulgent cheesecake.
- Boxed white cake mix
- Two eggs
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- Half a cup of melted butter
- Four tablespoons of milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- One teaspoon of pink gel food color
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and prepare your baking pan with parchment paper and baking spray
- Stir the cake mix, egg, butter, milk, and gel food color until thoroughly combined
- Pour half of the cake batter into the pan and spread it evenly and thinly
- Stir two tablespoons of milk into the other batter
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar, then add the egg and vanilla extract
- Stir until smooth and pour it over the batter in the pan
- Drizzle the remaining batter earlier over the pan and swirl with a fork to achieve the white and pink brownie
- Bake for 18 minutes without foil
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil before baking for six more minutes
- Cool and refrigerate before cutting
White chocolate and strawberry pudding
Showcase these mouthwatering white and pink layers in tall glasses that every guest at the party will want to try.
- Warm one-and-a-half cups of skimmed milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 ounces chopped white chocolate
- Two tablespoons cornstarch
- Half a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Diced fresh strawberries plus a teaspoon of sugar
- Put the sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix
- Turn the heat to medium-low and pour the milk into the pan while mixing until it thickens
- Add the white chocolate to the pudding and continue stirring for two minutes
- Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla
- Transfer into a bowl and cover with wrap before refrigerating for two hours
- Sprinkle sugar on the diced strawberries and refrigerate
- Assemble in a glass by alternating between the pudding and strawberries
The pink baby shower is not complete without classic pastel pink macarons!
- Three egg whites
- 1 cup almond meal
- One ¼ cup icing sugar plus two tablespoons extra
- Two tablespoons caster sugar
- Pink food color
- 100 grams of chopped white chocolate
- Two tablespoons cream
- Beat the egg whites until peaks form, then add the caster sugar and pink food color until dissolved
- Fold in icing sugar and almond meal in batches into the meringue
- Make the ganache by stirring the chocolate and cream over low heat and refrigerate
- Line baking trays and preheat the oven to 302°F
- Pour the meringue into a piping bag and make rounds into the tray
- Dust with icing sugar and let them sit for 15 minutes before baking for 20 minutes
- After cooling, spread ganache in between two meringues
If you want more cookies to add to the dessert table, read how to make baby shower cookies.
Blue Baby Shower Desserts To Impress At A Baby Boy Baby Shower
You can get creative with different blue desserts to match your baby boy baby shower theme. These desserts would fit popular blue party themes like space or nautical.
Blue galaxy cake pops
Instead of boring white chocolate cake pops colored in pastel blue, why not decorate them in the same shade as outer space?
- Any yellow cake of your choice
- ⅓ cup vanilla frosting
- ¼ cup melted white chocolate plus ¾ cup extra for the coating
- ½ cup water
- One pack of gelatin
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 ounces of condensed milk
- Food color: light blue, navy blue, and purple
- Crumble the cake, then add the frosting and mix well
- Make balls from the cake mixture
- Dip the end of the popsicle in the melted white chocolate, then skewer the cake pop
- Freeze for half an hour
- Bloom the gelatin for 5 minutes
- Mix the water, condensed milk, and sugar and boil them over high heat
- Remove from heat and mix in the bloomed gelatin
- Stir in the white chocolate until it softens, then blend
- Add the food colors, but don’t stir
- Dip each cake pop into the galaxy coating and refrigerate to set
Here’s an irresistible dessert recipe to add to your blue baby shower dessert table if you want something unique from cupcakes and cookies.
- 24 ounces fresh blueberries
- Two tablespoons flour plus ¾ cup for the crumble
- Two tablespoons sugar
- One tablespoon water
- Sea salt
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- One stick of melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Toss blueberries, flour, sugar, some salt, and lemon juice together and layer them on the bottom of a pie dish
- In a separate dish, mix the oats, sugar, flour, and salt
- Stir the melted butter into the crumble
- Sprinkle the crumble over the blueberries and bake for 25 minutes
Blue velvet cupcakes
Guests might be unable to keep themselves from dipping their fingers in this delicious frosting!
- Violet food color
- Royal blue food color
- 1 cup softened butter plus 1 cup for the frosting
- Two eggs
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1.2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- One tablespoon of cocoa powder
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon vanilla extract plus two teaspoons for the frosting
- 1 cup buttermilk
- One tablespoon vinegar
- One pack cream cheese
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line the cupcake pans
- Beat sugar and butter, then mix in the eggs one at a time
- Mix food color and cocoa to form a paste
- Combine flour and salt and add to the butter mixture
- Alternate with the buttermilk and stir in the vanilla
- Mix vinegar and baking soda, then stir into the cake batter
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes
- Let the cupcakes cool
- For the frosting, beat butter and blend in the cream cheese
- Add the vanilla and stir in the sugar in portions until well blended
- Frost the cupcakes
Want more cupcakes for the baby shower dessert table? Read the best recipes on how to make baby shower cupcakes.
Cute And Creative Gender Reveal Desserts For The Baby Shower
Something to make your gender reveal party at the baby shower more creative is by using desserts. Here are two easy recipes you can pull off even if you’re not a pastry chef.
Gender reveal cake
Save on food costs by doing the gender reveal cake yourself with this surprisingly easy but yummy recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- One ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup milk
- Three eggs
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract plus two teaspoons for the frosting
- One teaspoon salt
- One pack of softened cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Blue or pink food color
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare two round baking pans with grease and parchment paper
- Blend butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time before the vanilla
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt, then add to the wet ingredients, alternating with milk
- Pour into the pans and bake for 20 minutes, then cool completely
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a chilled bowl
- Add the cream to the frosting and divide into two portions; one for gender color
- Set one cake layer and cover the outside with the white frosting
- Spread the colored frosting inside and top it with the other cake
- Frost and decorate before refrigerating again
Gender reveal donuts
Instead of cakes and cupcakes, reveal the colors of the baby’s gender with these donuts.
- Storebought plain donuts
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Jam (blueberry or strawberry for the gender)
- Candy sprinkles
- Mix confectioner’s sugar and cream, then pour into a piping bag
- Slice each donut and spread jam inside
- Pipe the cream over the jam and add the glaze over the donut so that the jam won’t show outside the donut
Yummy Baby Shower Desserts Anyone Can Make
You can still impress everyone at the baby shower with these last-minute dessert recipes. And best of all, some of them don’t even need baking!
Oreo cheesecake bites
These delectable bite-sized treats would pair well with tea or coffee for your afternoon baby shower.
- Separated Oreos
- 32 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- Four eggs
- Melted five tablespoons butter
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line the pan with foil
- Ground the Oreo cookies and stir in the butter
- Press the crust into the pan
- Mix cream cheese and sugar, then add the sour cream and vanilla
- Add one egg at a time while beating the cream cheese
- Fold more Oreos into the mixture and pour over the cookie crust
- Sprinkle more cookie crumbs over the cheesecake and bake for 45 minutes
Mini cinnamon rolls
Here’s an easy dessert idea for the brunch baby shower:
- Two ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup milk
- One egg
- One tablespoon yeast
- Two tablespoons butter plus ½ cup
- One teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- One teaspoon vanilla plus ½ teaspoon
- One tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Two tablespoons milk
- Mix flour, yeast, and salt
- Heat butter, sugar, water, and milk in the microwave
- Add the wet mixture into the flour mixture gradually
- Mix in the eggs to form the dough
- Preheat the oven to 200°F
- Knead the dough and cover it in plastic wrap; let it rest for 10 minutes
- Roll out the dough and spread butter over it
- Prepare the cream cheese filling and pour it over the dough
- Cut out strips from the dough and roll
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Remove the rolls and turn the temperature to 375°F to bake for 15 minutes
- Frost with the sugar glaze
White chocolate truffles
There’s no need to use many ingredients and wash complicated kitchen tools with this unique twist on the classic truffle.
- 2 cups white chocolate
- 1/4 cup cream
- 20 grams butter
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Heat chocolate, cream, and butter in the microwave and set in the fridge for 2 hours
- Spoon out ganache balls
- Drop the truffles into the shredded coconut and refrigerate
Cheap Baby Shower Desserts To Wow Your Guests
You don’t need expensive ingredients to pull off an impressive baby shower dessert table. These recipes are ideal for every budget, but they’re still as satisfying for every sweet tooth at the party.
Mini caramel apples
Give everyone nostalgia from the country fair growing up with these caramel apples.
- Caramel melts
- Two tablespoons water
- Line your plate with parchment paper
- Scoop out apple balls and skewer them
- Blot the apple balls to remove moisture
- Melt the caramel with water until smooth
- Dip each apple ball into the caramel and refrigerate
Mini lemon meringue pies
Yes, you can still have pies as your baby shower dessert, even with a limited budget.
- Store-bought pie crust
- Four egg whites
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Two tablespoons white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Roll out the crust and cut it into small rounds
- Place into the muffin pan and bake for 15 minutes
- Fill the cooled mini pies with lemon curd
- Top with meringue from beaten egg whites, cream of tartar, and sugar
- Put pies under a broiler until the meringue becomes crispy
Peanut butter cups
These easy treats are perfect for the lazy cook and pair well with different teas and coffee for the baby shower.
- 1 cup chocolate cheaps
- One tablespoon coconut oil, plus two tablespoons
- ½ cup salted peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Line the muffin tin
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, stirring until smooth
- Pour chocolate on the bottom of each liner and freeze for 5 minutes
- Mix peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil, then melt in the microwave
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over each chocolate cup and freeze for 5 minutes
- Pour chocolate over each cup to cover the peanut butter entirely and freeze for an hour
How Many Items Should Be In A Dessert Table At The Baby Shower?
Your budget and the other food items at the baby shower will dictate how many desserts to have. But as a guide, your baby shower dessert table can have one special dessert, one crowd-pleasing treat, and some candies as fillers.
And if you’re also arranging a snack table for the party, here are the best baby shower snacks that will have guests constantly revisiting the table.
How Many Desserts Do I Need For 30 People?
You should count 90 pieces of desserts for a 30-person baby shower. This is based on the rule of having three desserts per guest.
Should You Have A Cake At A Baby Shower?
It’s not mandatory to have a cake at the baby shower as it can be pricey, or you might already have enough desserts. However, the baby shower cake makes a great focal point and can also be used on the gender reveal if there is one.
Some popular alternatives to cakes at the baby shower include cupcakes, cookies, and cake pops. You can also have a cake with fake tiers to cut costs.
And that’s it! We hope these baby shower desserts inspire your dessert table and you find the best recipes for your budget and party theme.
You are not limited to cupcakes and cookies, as you can surprise guests with tarts, crumbles, and puddings. And to ensure everyone gets a bite, count at least three desserts per party guest.