If you want to know delicious recipes on how to make baby shower cookies, try these three baby shower cookies We have everything from decorated, indulgent, and classic cookie recipes that all your guests will love.
You will also know how to decorate cookies in the shape of baby bottles for something fun. And to add to your baby shower cookie table, here’s how to make dipped Oreos for the baby shower.
How To Make Baby Shower Cookies: 3 Yummy And Cute Recipes
One of the most popular baby shower cookies is classic sugar cookies decorated with icing in different colors and shapes to match the party theme. Here’s an easy recipe you can do:
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of butter
- One egg
- Two tablespoons of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Piping bag
- Royal icing in different colors
- Mix sugar and butter until fluffy, then add the vanilla and egg
- Beat the mixture until smooth
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet mixture to make the cookie dough
- Chill for 10 minutes in the refrigerator, and roll out the dough
- Use your preferred cookie cutter and cut out the sugar cookies; you can use baby bottles or onesie cutters
- Put the cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 180°F
- Cool the cookies on the rack and decorate them with royal icing
- When layering icing, let the first one dry for two hours before piping the other details
- Add sprinkles or other candy decorations
Baby showers can become tea parties, and the best cookie recipe to serve to your guests in this event is sandwich cookies. You can choose a filling of your own. Still, almond mocha will surely be loved by everyone.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Half a cup of powdered sugar plus ⅔ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of butter
- Two tablespoons of cocoa
- One and a half teaspoons of whipped cream
- Half a teaspoon of coffee powder
- ¼ teaspoon of almond extract
- Two tablespoons of chopped almonds
- Combine sugar and butter until fluffy, then mix in the vanilla extract
- Mix flour gradually and refrigerate the dough for an hour
- Cut circles and flatten the cookies on a baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes at 370°F
- Let the cookies cool on the racks
- Spread the almond mocha filling over each cookie and layer with another cookie
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving
To make the almond mocha filling:
- Mix butter and sugar and set aside
- Mix the dry ingredients with some boiling water until they dissolve, and add to the fluffy butter mixture
- Add the almonds and refrigerate for 30 minutes
You can also include a cookie recipe that even guests who are not a sweet tooth will enjoy. Shortbread baby shower cookies pair well with coffee or tea and need a few ingredients.
- 250 grams of all-purpose flour
- Half a cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- One teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Mix sugar and butter until smooth, and add the vanilla essence
- Add the flour and salt into the butter mixture to form the cookie dough
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour
- Roll out the cookie dough and cut it into desired shapes for the baby shower
- Put the cookies on a baking sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes before baking
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes at 350°F
- Let the cookies cool
How Do You Decorate Baby Bottle Cookies?
If you know any sugar cookie recipes, you can purchase baby bottle cutters and then decorate them as baby bottles with royal icing. Here is a guide to creating baby bottle cookies that would make cute favors for the guests:
- After cooling the sugar cookies, create different colors of royal icing
- Outline the baby bottle with one color and fill it with another
- Let the icing dry for two hours before adding the baby bottle details
- Decorate with marks and add lines to create the bottle cap
- You can also add fondant cutouts of hearts or flowers to decorate the cookies
How Do You Make Fondant Baby Shower Cookies?
Cookies also help decorate the baby shower dessert table. And if you want colorful cookies for the baby shower, the best recipe you can make are fondant cookies in the shape of baby onesies.
- Make sugar cookies with a onesie cookie cutter
- Roll your fondant thinly and use the same onesie cookie cutter to cut the shapes
- Brush some corn syrup on the onesie cookie and gently lay the onesie fondant over it
- Gently smoothen the application with your finger
- Make different colors of fondant onesies
- Add details to the onesie cookies with royal icing or cutouts from another color of fondant
- You can also use something pointed to add lines to the fondant onesies
And if you want something unique to accompany these fondant onesie cookies, here’s how to make candy pacifiers for the baby shower.
And that’s it! You just learned how to make baby shower cookies with three recipes.
You can serve shortbread or sandwich cookies at the party. However, you can always do any sugar cookie recipe and decorate the cookies with royal icing or fondant.
Use cute cookie cutters like baby bottles or onesies so they match the baby shower.