Are you planning on buying candles? Are you confused about what candle scent to get? If so, you have come to the right place because we will show you ways on how to choose candle scents.
Candles are great to have. They come in a wide range of colors and scents, so why not buy them? They are great for adding nice smells to your home. But, before you start shopping around for candles, you need to know how to choose candle scents.
Tips on How to Choose Candle Scents
First off, don’t pick too many different scents at one time. It’s best to go with 3 or 4 different types of candles that smell the same throughout all the different layers (like vanilla). Make sure they’ve got the same scent notes; like coffee beans should smell like coffee beans – not cocoa or earthy or woodsy or smoky (basically any other note beside ‘coffee’).
Also, consider what season it is. Peppermint feels very Christmassy, but it doesn’t really scream summer to me.
If you’re going for a certain color, go with a matching candle scent. For example, if you want a red candle to be the centerpiece for your table, choose a red or cranberry scented candle.
Again, consider what season it is and how it feels. It’s best to go lighter in the summertime so that your house doesn’t smell like sweaty socks from being closed up all day!
Also, think about what kind of mood you want your home to have. Do you want it to feel warm and welcoming? Cool and calming? Playful or serious? Pick out candles accordingly. If you can’t decide between two different scents that would both work, choose one and add a candle on the other side with the same scent note (which is usually fairly close).
This will make your house smell like two different scents mixed together, which is pretty nice. It’s also good to do this if you want to get rid of ascent in your house. Add a candle that smells similar for a month or so and after that, it should be gone!
Candle Scents and Its Purpose
If you’re still not sure what candle scent to buy, think about why you want to buy candle scents. For example, if you want your house to smell nice for guests that come over, go with something fresh and flowery like lavender or freesia. If you’re having people over to watch the game on TV or just chill, then vanilla or coffee would be good choices.
If you just want candle scents for yourself because it’s something nice to smell every once in a while, make sure it smells familiar enough so that you know what scent it is when someone walks into your home! You can easily do this by choosing a similar fragrance throughout all layers of the candle (like vanilla).
Just remember these tips on how to choose candle scents and soon enough, your house will be filled with candle scents that you love!
Best Candle Scents to Go For
Candles are great but it is important that you choose the right scents or else your home might end up smelling weird. So what are some good candle scents to go for? Here are the 10 best candle scents worth trying out:
- Lavender – This smells calming and relaxing, perfect if you want to calm down after a busy day at work.
- Vanilla – Vanilla is sweet and has romantic vibes so this is perfect if you want your house to be filled with love.
- Coffee – Coffee gives off an inviting vibe, making it perfect for social gatherings like dinner parties.
- Rose – Roses have a clean floral scent that makes any place feel more peaceful.
- Peppermint – This is good for the holidays since it has a Christmas feel to it.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon has a cozy feeling to it, perfect when you want to be snuggled up in your room.
- Mint Leaves – This is refreshing and rejuvenating. It’s like taking a deep breath of fresh air!
- Lemon – Lemon smells bright and uplifting so this one’s great if you need an instant mood boost.
- Christmas Tree – If you’re having a party with lots of people, this is perfect because who doesn’t love that Christmasy scent?
- Pine Cones – Just like pine trees give off that pleasant forest-y smell, this candle makes your home smell like nature or a walk in the forest.
Whatever scent you want to have in your space, all you need to do is light up a good candle and enjoy the scents!
Here are some miscellaneous things about choosing candles scents.
You don’t have to choose scent according to season, even if it means that your favorite pumpkin pie candle smells heavenly in autumn. Your senses can play tricks on you but feeling like it’s wintertime with the smell of apple cider doesn’t mean you’re wrong.
Conclusion on How to Choose Candle Scents
There you have it! If you’re still unsure on how to choose candle scents, just follow the tips mentioned above, and soon enough, your home will smell great! Instead of spending too much money buying candles that have poor quality or no scent at all, go for something that’s worth it. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different scents because once you find one that works for you, buy as many as you want.
Candles are wonderful but only if they are done right. You can make any place smell better by choosing candle scents according to our guide here. All it takes is a little trial and error before figuring out which ones work best but once you do, there’ll be no stopping the positive effects of having candles around the house!