A Wall Hugger Recliner is a recliner that can be placed against the wall. This type of recliner is good for those who have limited floor space and also for people with mobility issues. This article will discuss what you need to know about this product, what it looks like, what are the advantages of opting for a Wall Hugger Recliner, and how much they cost.
What is a Wall Hugger Recliner?
A wall hugger recliner is a type of chair that can be placed against the wall. It’s good for those who have limited floor space and also for people with mobility issues.
Advantages of opting for Hugger Recliner?
There are many advantages of opting for a wall hugger recliner. They can be installed without having to worry about finding space on the ground for them which is particularly good when you have limited floor space and also if you’re looking at mobility issues as they’ll make it easier in getting up from your chair.
Wall Huggers also comes with storage space under the chair, so you can store items out of sight.
One disadvantage is that wall huggers don’t recline to the degree a standard chair does, however, if this isn’t an issue for you then it’s unlikely to be one for your visitors either as they’ll expect just what they see when sitting in them themselves.
What Does Hugger Recliner Look Like?
If you are looking for a recliner that’s more of a traditional look, then the wall hugger may not be for you.
As they have to stay in contact with the wall at all times when being used, so a standard armless design can’t fulfill their function.
Instead, what is likely to happen is an oversized seat that can be pulled up to the wall, and tilted back so it’s similar in function.
Benefits of a Wall Hugger
- Wall huggers come with some benefits that make them worth considering for those who want more from their reclining chair than just being able to lean back. They are often cheaper because they don’t have as much hardware and materials that are needed for a standard recliner.
- Also, because they don’t have an arm to get in the way of getting up or sitting down, it can be easier on those who need help from others when they use these chairs.
- One major benefit is that it’s very easy to store them since you just lean them against the wall.
- Other than these benefits, they are pretty much like a regular recliner when it comes to all their function. Instead, what is likely to happen is an oversized seat that can be pulled up to the wall, and tilted back so it’s similar in function.
- Instead of being able to lean back for hours, it’s more like leaning back for minutes, but the point is that you can
- Use them without taking up too much space. This would be especially helpful if there isn’t a lot of room in your home as well.
What is the difference between a wall-hugger recliner and a regular recliner?
Wall hugger recliners can be pulled up to the wall, and are tilted back so they’re similar in function as a regular recliner. The difference is that it’s much more limited on what you can do with them (lean back for minutes), but there isn’t any space needed either. This would be helpful if your home doesn’t have a lot of space.
How do I find wall hugger recliners?
Wall hugger recliners are usually found in furniture stores and some websites that sell them online too. They’re designed to be pulled up close to the walls if you want it out of sight when not in use, or just need more room around you.
How close can a wall hugger recliner be to the wall?
Wall hugger recliners can be pulled up to the wall easily, and depending on what your home has in terms of space (or how much space you need) it will determine how close they’re able to get.
Can a wall hugger recliner be used with any chair that I have?
No, only if the back of the chair is about the same height as a wall. If it’s too high or low, then you’ll need to use a different type of recliner instead that can be adjusted and fitted better
How do I know if my back will fit comfortably in one?
The wall hugger recliner is a great solution for people who have limited space, as it can be pulled up to the wall and not take over precious flooring. It’s also perfect if you’re looking for something that doesn’t require much effort in terms of moving around or adjusting. If your back fits nicely into this style, chances are you’ll be able to use it comfortably.
How do you know what size recliner to buy?
First, consider what size chair you have at home. If it’s a standard-sized one, then the wall hugger will work well with it. If your current chair is larger or smaller than average, go ahead and get a different type of recliner that matches the dimensions better
Is there anything else I need to know about this type of recliner?
Wall huggers are perfect if you’re looking for something that doesn’t require much effort in terms of moving around or adjusting.