Is your loveseat looking old and dull? This article will teach you how to put an elegant comfort slipcover on a loveseat!
Approximately 36% of people purchasing a loveseat, want to keep their new piece of furniture for five to nine years. Meanwhile, around 28% anticipate retaining theirs for at least 15 years, if not longer.
Keeping the same piece of furniture for so long implies that it will see a lot of wear and tear. Even if the owners are somewhat cautious with it or use it seldom, it still happens. This results in fading, discolored fabric, and upholstery on the loveseat.
This problem may cause consumers to believe they needed completely replace their loveseat. Instead of investing in a new piece of furniture to replace an old but still robust one, why not get replacement slipcovers?
Before tackling how to put an elegant comfort slipcover on a loveseat, we must know,
What is a loveseat?
A loveseat is simply a two-person chair that looks like a tiny sofa. It resembles a little couch in appearance and fulfills its purpose of comfortably seating two people. They are suitable for spaces that are too small for a large sofa yet require seats. You can also use it to supplement a larger sofa. Some people utilize them to give additional seating in their bedrooms.
Loveseats used to look a lot different than they do now, with a much more literal design. They were usually little more than a large chair with two seats arranged in the shape of an “S.” The arrangement of the seats is in such that they faced each other.
A loveseat is any type of chair that has two seats. Although this is a wide phrase, you can make them from any material or design. You may dins a loveseat in every area of your home, as well as in parks and gardens. In recent years, loveseats have grown into tiny couches ranging in size from 40 to 70 inches.
What are loveseat slipcovers?
Loveseat slipcovers are lovely fabric wraps that people tailor to create slipcovers. These are for specific brands or even individual loveseats. You must create others as a specialist in the business based on the particular dimensions you provide. Fortunately, these slipcovers are available in a variety of visual styles and sizes, allowing you to create a one-of-a-kind look for your renovated furniture.
So, instead of tossing your old loveseat or purchasing new furniture straight immediately, why not give it a facelift with a replacement slipcover?
Slipcovers Come in a Variety of Styles
When you think about slipcovers, you might think of elegant patterns that suit loveseats of typical sizes. While these loveseat slipcovers are not as flawless as custom-made replacement slipcovers. They may still look wonderful on your loveseat simply by folding and pinning up the slack cloth around the furniture.
Replacement slipcovers, on the other hand, are a significantly better investment. The great part about these goods is that they are not just available for loveseats. But also for recliners, rocking chairs, ottomans, and even dining room furniture. Most of the time, you can simply locate replacement slipcovers for various furniture with similar patterns and designs. This allows you to coordinate your appearance across your living room and across your home.
After you’ve chosen and purchased your slipcover, the instructions below will teach you how to put an elegant comfort slipcover on a loveseat.
Steps for Putting on a One-Piece Slipcover
- Remove any throw pillows or blankets from the loveseat fiirst.
- Stretch the covering from front to back across the loveseat.
- Drape the arms of the slipcover over the arms of the loveseat. Pull the covering over the loveseat’s back.
- Tuck extra fabric from the inside arms into the crevices between the arms and the loveseat cushions with a wooden spatula.
- You should pull the excess fabric out of the center of the seating area and towards the arms. Tuck any remaining cloth into the area between the arms and the cushions.
- You should tuck the excess fabric in the back neatly into the gap between the back support and the loveseat cushions.
- If the slipcover has ties along with the skirt, use these to draw the cloth closer and bind it around the base of the loveseat.
- Replace any throw pillows or blankets on the loveseat. Enjoy your like-new loveseat!
Steps for Putting on a Two-Piece Slipcover
- Remove any pillows and blankets from your loveseat, as well as the loveseat cushions.
- Follow the procedures in step two through step five for the one-piece replacement slipcover.
- Insert the loveseat cushions into the cushion cover. Replace the loveseat cushions on your loveseat after zipping the cushion cover tight. Rearrange any throw cushions or blankets on your loveseat, then sit back and relax!
Keep in mind that as your family continues to use your loveseat, the slipcover may begin to sag somewhat. If this happens follow the steps above on how to put an elegant comfort slipcover on a loveseat. This will maintain your loveseat in a good condition.