Indeed, you are here to know what phone can be fixed when water damaged. You’ve probably already experienced getting your phone damp in the rain, dropped in water, or spilled liquid on it.
This article is just right for you, for we would help you know what phones are more resistant to water, how to fix a water damaged one, and how to prevent this from happening. Continue reading to learn more.
No one wants their phone to get damped because this often leads to blurry photos, ruffled audio, moisture inside the screen, damaged charging port, corrosion of internal parts, and in the worst case, the phone might not respond anymore.
The advertised waterproof phones aren’t immune to liquids. It’s more resistant to water than other phones, but it can still be vulnerable to a long exposure time or heavily damaged by fluid.
If you have to pick, it is truly best to choose water-resistant ones since at least they are less vulnerable. It would be your best option if you often get
According to Tom’s Guide, here are the best waterproof phones in 2022:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
- iPhone 12
- OnePlus 10 Pro
- Google Pixel 6 Pro
- Google Pixel 6
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
- Google Pixel 5a
- iPhone SE (2022)
Fixing A Water Damaged Phone
If you think that your water damaged phone can still function, or if you don’t want to buy another phone yet, you can choose whether to fix it on your own or go to a professional for assistance. When you decide to go to a professional, you can first try to go to where you bought the phone before going to a third party to assess their difference in fee.
If you choose to fix the damage by yourself, here are some steps you can follow:
Step #1. Retrieve your phone from where it was dropped or spilled as soon as possible, and don’t shake it. It’s to prevent the liquid from further going inside.
Step #2. Turn off the device, don’t press other buttons. Then remove your SIM and memory cards.
Step #3. If it’s not water that gets to your Apple or Samsung, it is recommended to rinse it by submerging it in still tap water.
Step #4. Wipe as much of the moisture outside with an absorbent towel.
Step #5. Disassemble part of your phone that you can. If the battery is removable, you can start with that.
Step #6. You can either leave your phone parts in an airtight container full of silica gel packets or place them beside your window with good airflow and without direct sunlight. Both ways can help in drying the moisture.
Step #7. You can leave your phone for at least 24 hours to ensure that the dampness is gone. Only after you are sure it’s dry can you try opening or charging it.
If those steps didn’t help, or if certain phone functions were still affected, it is best to take it to a professional already for them to see.
According to Asurion, here’s how to tell if your phone has water damage:
- The appearance of liquid or evaporation behind the screen.
- Visible corrosion marks on the internal parts of the phone.
- Discolored LDI; might appear red or maroon.
How to prevent the phone from being damaged by water
Who would want their phone to get damaged by water? Frequently, these accidents happen due to clumsiness or a moment of ignorance.
There are many ways to prevent those from happening; practicing caution and educating yourself are one of those. Other than that, here are some helpful ways you can use to prevent water from damaging your current or future phones:
- Buy a waterproof phone with a suitable IP rating. It’s best if you do your research first before proceeding with the first good IP rating of a phone that you saw.
- Get good phone insurance.
- Do not take your phone into the bathroom, near the pool or the sea.
- Invest in waterproof cases and pouches, which are good against accidental spills or dropping in liquids.
- You can also try a nano-coating liquid screen protector.
- Keeping synthetic desiccants at hand might also be of help.
- Turn off the phone after getting into contact with water. Please remove it from any electrical source.
- Refrain from pressing keys after liquid contact, which may push water further into other interior components.
- Do not vigorously shake your phone, as this may spread moisture further.
- Please refrain from placing your water damaged phone on rice. It may help absorb moisture, but it also may cause further damage if the dust and starch get into your phone.
- Do not use a blowdryer; instead, use an air duster to guide the moisture outward.
Admittedly, phones are an essential part of our daily lives. It makes life more convenient and compact, so picking one that would last long no matter the adversaries is a must.
Liquids are one of those that bring complex problems when it comes in contact with electronics. Knowing what phone can be fixed when water damaged would be of great help.