Here is a checklist of what do day of wedding coordinators do. In a bullet list format, we’ve listed all the responsibilities of a day of wedding coordinator below to know what to expect with this popular wedding vendor.
Compared to a wedding planner and a traditional wedding coordinator, a day of wedding coordinator, from the title itself, is only responsible for the wedding day tasks. But if you’re interested in what a wedding coordinator typically does, you can also read how to become a wedding coordinator.
Here’s The Checklist Of What Do Day Of Wedding Coordinators Do
Act as the contact for all your wedding vendors
- Day of wedding coordinators act as the point of contact for the wedding vendors like the decorators, rentals, catering, and musicians
- If a vendor has a question about your wedding day, they can contact your day of wedding coordinator
- Your day of wedding coordinator must know all the details for the wedding to ensure that the vendors will also be able to do and perform according to your vision
- Having a day of wedding coordinator on your wedding day eliminates the potential stress when you’re preparing in the morning for the ceremony since the vendors have someone to contact
- If you’re a day of wedding coordinator, make sure that you know the ceremony and/or reception timeline if vendors ask you regarding the set-up and deliveries
- You also want the day of wedding coordinator to assist the vendors in terms of their meals, payments, and gratuities
- The day of wedding coordinator may help some vendors regarding very particular details like pronunciations of names by the MC, which table should the caterer avoid serving with a specific meal due to guest allergies, or where to put the porta potties
Check everything before the wedding ceremony
- Besides being the contact point of your wedding vendors, the day of wedding coordinator do the overseeing for the ceremony
- The day of wedding coordinator ensures that all the vendors, deliveries, and other necessary items and people are prepared before the ceremony starts
- As the day of wedding coordinator, you’ll eliminate the potential stress on the couple if something arrives late or is missing when the ceremony is about to start
- It’s essential for the day of wedding coordinator to have a checklist of wedding essentials, the timeline for the wedding, and the contact numbers of the vendors
- The day of wedding coordinator will arrive early at the venue to oversee the preparations
- The day of wedding coordinator will also work with the bride’s make-up artist and hairstylist to ensure that she’ll arrive at the venue on time
- Some things to check as the day of wedding coordinator at the site are the aisle, altar, seats, decors, and sound system to ensure that they have no issues
- The day of wedding coordinator should also overlook the tables, wedding cards, favors, and menu at the reception
Ensure a smooth ceremony timeline and flow
- Perhaps the most crucial task of the day of wedding coordinator is ensuring that everything happens on time
- The couple will discuss with the day of wedding coordinator the timeline of their wedding day
- The coordinator will contact the couple and the vendors ahead of time to ensure that they’ll arrive according to the schedule
- As the day of wedding coordinator, you’ll assist people with timing, who must take the microphone, or even where people must stand
- You will also confirm with people who have a part in the ceremony regarding their presence like the witnesses and readers
Be reliable in case of emergencies
- The day of wedding coordinator is also reliable when it comes to solving emergencies and random issues that might occur during the wedding day
- If a vendor is late or something is missing, it’s expected that the day of wedding coordinator does what they can to come up with a backup plan or solution
- To avoid panicking as a day of wedding coordinator, prepare contingency plans and identify potential issues before they arise
- You may want to adjust the time you’ll give to people or check the site beforehand for the weather and wiring
- For couples who have a day of wedding coordinator, it’s essential to appreciate this vendor as you’re likely to never know about a problem since the coordinator has already solved it
If you’re curious about what happens during a wedding, you can also read about how to perform a wedding. This will help you know the flow of the ceremony to manage the timeline better.
What Is The Difference Between A Wedding Planner And A Day Of Coordinator?
The difference between a wedding planner and a day of wedding coordinator is the duration of when they’ll be involved in working with you. The wedding planner can start working with you even if you have no idea what you want for the wedding.
Meanwhile, a day of wedding coordinator is someone who’ll assist you on the wedding day itself. You’ve already arranged everything, and the coordinator will be responsible for ensuring a smooth wedding day timeline while also communicating with the vendors.
And that’s it! You just learned what do day of wedding coordinators do: become the contact point for vendors, oversee the wedding preparations, manage the wedding timeline, and be ready to provide solutions if random issues occur.
We hope you also understood how this vendor differs from a wedding planner. Let us know below if you have any questions.