Glider recliners are the perfect solution for those who want to lounge in comfort. But what exactly is a glider recliner? If you’re not sure, don’t worry! This article will answer all your questions about what they are and how they can help improve your quality of life.
What is a Glider Recliner?
A glider recliner is a type of chair with an adjustable back that can swing from side to side. This style of chair was originally designed for people who have difficulty sitting up or moving while seated, and it’s been shown to help reduce pressure on the spine by distributing body weight across more surface areas. These chairs also make it easier to get in and out of the chair, which is a significant improvement for those with mobility issues.
In addition to benefits related to posture and flexibility, glider recliners come equipped with features that make them ideal for lounging. Some models even offer power-operated leg rests or vibrating back massagers! It’s all about what you need to make your quality of life more comfortable.
Features of Glider Recliner
- Chair swivels from side to side
- Reduces spinal pressure through weight distribution and increased surface area
- Reclines for comfortable lounging experience
Glider Recliner Vs. Standard Lift Chair
A glider recliner is similar to a lift chair because they are both designed for people with mobility issues and a lack of muscle strength in their lower extremities. The primary difference between the two is that a glider recliner is designed to be more comfortable and natural, with the chair swiveling from side to side.
A great benefit of this style of the lift chair is that it reduces spinal pressure through weight distribution and increased surface area, as well as providing an ergonomic lounging experience for your whole body. This allows you to position your body comfortably for hours at a time.
A glider recliner can also be a great investment as it is built to last, with the materials you choose able to withstand years of wear and tear from constant use. This makes it an excellent choice for people who have mobility issues that are not going away anytime soon, such as a senior citizen or someone with a serious disability.
Glider recliners provide you with the best of two worlds, giving you both comfort and style in one chair that will last for years to come.
A glider recliner is an excellent choice if you are looking for
- Increased pressure relief
- A stylish new chair
- Increased circulation
A glider recliner is not an ideal choice if you are looking for
- A chair that will last only a couple of years before breaking down and falling apart. If this is what you need, then the best option would be to find one with fewer parts as it will break down quicker. This is not the best choice if you are looking for something that will last well into old age and provide relief.
- A chair with a higher seating position
- An office chair of sorts or one that is more ergonomic than what this type offers
- It’s important to remember when choosing an armchair recliner, whether it is a glider recliner or not, that some are better than others. If you have any questions about what type of chair is best for your specific needs contact a professional such as an in-home health care provider to help make the decision easier and more affordable.
Benefits of Glider Recliner
- Costs less than other recliners
- More comfortable for those who struggle to get out of a chair and want the convenience of being able to sit back while their feet remain on the ground or in front of them as opposed to having to lean over all the way.
- Glider recliners often have less wear and tear than other types because they don’t require you to use the armrests to get out of them.
- Can be positioned close enough so that one can still read what’s on a TV from their seat, without having to reach forward for the remote
- Can be positioned close to a coffee table or side table so that you can eat and drink while sitting in your chair.
- Has less pressure on your feet, making it safer for those with circulatory issues such as peripheral vascular disease (PVD) because they can keep their legs elevated
- Can be used in the bedroom or living room
- Offers a sense of freedom for those with limited mobility because it can be positioned and moved around more easily than other chairs.
Which is better glider or rocker?
Gliders are better for people who need a chair that offers more relaxed seating while rockers offer the ability to sit up straighter and have less pressure on your feet.
Rocker chairs may be easier to get out of than glider recliners, but this is not always true. In some cases, it can be more difficult to get out of a glider chair because it is not as easy for people with limited mobility and strength to push themselves up.
Gliders are less expensive than rockers, but the cost ranges from high-end models that can go upwards of $700 or even thousands depending on what you’re looking for
How Much Does Glider Recliner Cost?
Glider chairs are more cost-effective than rockers because they usually cost less, but the prices vary depending on what you are looking for.
As a general rule of thumb, if you’re purchasing a glider recliner between $200 and $500 it will be made with cheaper materials that may not last as long.
If you’re purchasing a glider recliner for $500 to $700, the materials will be better quality but may not last as long. And finally, if you are buying an expensive rocker recliner ($800+) it won’t only have top-of-the-line material that can withstand wear and tear.