Those who want to learn how to thread a Janome sewing machine will be pleased that it only takes three easy steps. We’ll teach you everything from winding the bobbin to loading it. You will also get familiar with threading other Janome models.
Besides Janome, are you also interested in knowing how to thread a Singer sewing machine? What about how to thread a Brother sewing machine or guide on threading a Montgomery ward sewing machine? Consider browsing our blog to know more threading tutorials for various sewing machine brands.
How To Thread A Janome Sewing Machine At Home
Step 1. Wind the bobbin
- Place and secure the thread on the spool pin
- Have the thread through the designated guide at the top of the Janome sewing machine
- Thread through the bobbin hole from inside to outside and push the bobbin into its spindle while holding the thread end
- Engage the declutch function by pushing the bobbin spindle to the right or pulling the handwheel out
- Wind until you have enough thread on the bobbin as you’re applying pressure to the foot pedal
- Take off the bobbin from the spindle and cut the thread
- Remove the bobbin from the rest of the sewing machine thread
Step 2. Thread the sewing machine
- Have the thread from the bobbin to the thread guide and run it down to the front of the sewing machine and under
- Guide the thread to the left and up until it reaches the take-up lever that you’ll go through
- Go down until you find the bottom thread guide where you’ll also slide the thread to
- Thread the hook at the top of the needle bar
- Thread the needle by hand or with an automatic threader
Step 3. Load the bobbin
- Remove the cover of the bobbin case
- Insert the bobbin into the case so that the thread will work counterclockwise
- Have the thread into the thread guide and tension spring
- Turn the handwheel to have the top thread over the bobbin
- Pull the thread to have the bobbin thread as well and check if they are under the foot and back the sewing machine
How Do You Thread A Janome Horizon Sewing Machine?
- Raise the presser foot
- Turn on the Janome Horizon
- Lift the take-up lever to the highest position
- Turn off the sewing machine
- Pass the thread into the guides with the correct sequence
- Thread the needle using the threader if you’re not using a twin needle
- Switch the Janome Horizon on
- Raise the needle and lock the sewing machine
- Pull down the knob of the threader as much as possible
- Have the thread from left to right and under the left guide, hook, to the right guide
- After the thread goes around the right guide, turn it towards you
- Create a thread loop that will go through the needle by raising the threader
- Take off the thread end
How Do You Thread A Janome HD1000 Sewing Machine?
- Put the thread on the spool holder and turn the handwheel to raise the take-up lever
- Raise the presser foot and have the thread go through the guide and behind it
- Guide the thread to reach the take-up lever and engaging the spring holder
- Have the thread through the lever and down the guides at the lower portion of the machine
- Guide the thread through the left of the needle
- Thread the needle front to back and have it through the presser foot
- To draw the bobbin thread up, raise the presser foot lever and move the handwheel until you see a loop appear through the plate
How Do You Use A Janome Sewing Machine For Beginners?
How to prepare a Janome sewing machine for sewing
- Turn off the Janome sewing machine, and connect the machine plug into the machine socket
- Plug the power supply into your wall outlet and turn on the machine
- Press on the foot control to adjust your sewing speed and push the reverse stitch lever if you want to sew in reverse
You can also read this guide on how to set up a sewing machine for more detailed tips.
How to change the needle in a Janome sewing machine
- Turn off the Janome sewing machine
- Turn the needle clamp screw counterclockwise to loosen it and remove the needle
- Insert the replacement needle into the clamp so that it’s flat side points to the rear
- Push the new needle up the stopper to secure it before tightening the needle clamp screw
How to wind the bobbin in a Janome sewing machine
- Disengage the clutch via the handwheel
- Draw the thread and have it around the bobbin winder guide and bobbin from inside out
- Place the bobbin on the winder spindle and push the bobbin to the right
- Apply pressure to the foot control while holding the free end of the thread
- Stop when the bobbin wound to cut the thread
- Press on the foot control to finish winding and place the winder to its proper position
- Cut and engage the clutch
Was this article helpful? To recap how to thread a Janome sewing machine, you start with winding the bobbin, threading, and then loading the bobbin. It’s a relatively straightforward process, but it’s essential to still read your model’s manual.
You also want to ensure that you’ve thread your machine correctly to avoid issues. Leave us a comment if you threaded your Janome successfully or if you have more questions.