Those who want to know how to pick wedding flowers must consider four tips. This guide will discuss picking flowers for the bouquets, corsages, arch, and decors for those who don’t want to book a florist.
You’ll also find specific flowers to consider if you don’t know where to start. And for time management tricks, read how to do your own wedding flowers.
How To Pick Wedding Flowers On A Budget
Wedding flowers for the bouquet
- Decide on the theme for the bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets
- If you are on a budget, consider the flowers in season and mix the arrangements with fake blooms such as fake flowers
- Consider the color scheme of the wedding when choosing flowers for the bouquet
- The bridesmaids’ bouquet should complement the bridal bouquet
- Familiarize yourself with the best flowers for weddings so they won’t wilt quickly
- Be aware of potential allergies from certain flowers since you’ll be holding the bouquet
Best flowers for wedding bouquets: roses, peonies, hydrangeas, calla lilies, and tulips
Theme for the corsages and boutonnieres of the wedding
- Discuss with your partner to ensure that the corsages and boutonnieres for the wedding are coordinated
- Select long-lasting blooms for the wearable flower arrangements
- Plan one to two flowers and foliage for each corsage and boutonniere to avoid having a messy look
For a more in-depth tutorial, here is how to make wedding corsages.
Best flowers for wedding corsages and boutonnieres: roses, orchids, chrysanthemums, and carnations
Wedding arch for the venue
- When choosing flowers for a wedding arch, consider the blooms that will compliment the design you have in mind
- Mix the fresh flowers with faux flowers for the arch to make decorating easier
- Don’t forget to purchase fillers and foliage that will complement the flowers you choose
- You may not need as many flowers for the wedding arch since garlands and fabrics will cover most of it
Please read how to attach flowers to the wedding arch to ensure they stay fresh and secured throughout the ceremony.
Best flowers for wedding arches: roses, carnations, proteas, and eucalyptus
Decorative wedding flowers
- Consider the color scheme and theme of the wedding venue to know the flowers that you’ll use for decors and centerpieces
- Compute how many tables and which areas of the wedding venue will need flowers to know how many stems to order
- Be mindful of your budget, and don’t hesitate to mix flowers with other decors like candles, fabrics, and light to save on costs
Best flowers for wedding centerpieces: roses, lilies, lilacs, gardenias, and daisies
How Do I Know What Flowers To Pick For My Wedding?
- Choose flowers that fit your budget
- For convenience, select the flowers in season during your wedding day
- Opt for flowers that offer different colors and will fit your wedding color palette
- Consider if your wedding is indoor, outdoor, hot, or cold; to know which flowers will last well
- The flowers for the bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, and decors must compliment the wedding dress, venue, and bridal party outfits
What is the most popular flower used in weddings?
Rose is the most popular wedding flower because it is readily available anywhere and at any time of the year. They are also relatively affordable and come in different colors to suit other wedding floral arrangements.
And best of all, roses can last reasonably long in arrangements, so you don’t need to worry about bouquets, corsages, and decors having sad-looking blooms. But what if you don’t like roses?
Alternatively, peonies are also famous for weddings. They can suit classic white weddings and colorful bright weddings, and the size is ideal for bouquets and centerpieces.
If you’re on a budget, here are some tips on how to save on wedding flowers.
What Are The 2 Biggest Things To Consider When Choosing Wedding Flowers?
The most significant factor in choosing wedding flowers is the budget. A reasonable budget for wedding flowers is 8% of your total wedding budget, which will dictate the types and number of flowers you’ll get.
After you’ve set the budget for the flowers, you will choose the types, sizes, and colors of the flowers according to your wedding theme. Of course, the outfits of the people who’ll wear or hold the flower arrangements will also affect your chosen flowers.
How Much Should I Spend On Flowers For My Wedding?
On average, couples spend $1,500 on their floral wedding needs. You can also set a maximum of 8% of the wedding budget for your wedding flowers to ensure that you’ll still have enough money for the other wedding needs.
When Should You Pick Wedding Flowers?
Begin contacting your flower shop six months before the wedding. This might seem too early, but remember that you might be requesting flowers from another place or you’ll need many flowers.
If your wedding is during peak season, you should secure your needs to your florist even earlier. If you don’t know when is wedding peak season, read about it to avoid booking issues with wedding vendors.
Was this guide helpful? You just learned how to pick wedding flowers for the bouquets, corsages, arch, and decors.
In general, you must consider your budget and vision to select the flowers for the wedding. But, then, don’t forget to set a reasonable budget and order the flowers on time.