It’s easy to learn how to make your own Snapchat filter for wedding because the process is straightforward. We’ll also discuss below everything you must know when you create a personal filter for an even on Snapchat.
And besides learning how to make a Snapchat filter, you will also find out different ways to utilize social media for your wedding day. You can read how do wedding hashtags work if you love using Twitter and Instagram as well.
Here’s How To Make Your Own Snapchat Filter For Wedding Easily
You can make your own Snapchat filter to commemorate your wedding day and encourage your guests to have fun by following these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app and switch to the camera screen
- Go to your profile and tap the settings in the upper right corner
- Find and select the “Filters and Lenses” by scrolling down
- Select “Get Started” and “Filter”, then select wedding for the event to choose from Snapchat’s existing templates under this category
- You can also create a custom design by choosing the border, text, image, sticker, and other designs that will suit your wedding theme
- Make sure to include your partner in decorating and making your wedding Snapchat filter, so both your personalities shine through the finished filter
- Once done with making your wedding filter, tap the checkmark icon
- Choose the time when your want the filter to be active and where it’ll be available, as with Snapchat’s Geofilters
- Name your own filter for the wedding and fill in the necessary details before submitting it
- Wait for the approval from Snapchat and pay
How Much Does It Cost To Have A Wedding Snapchat Filter?
When you create your wedding Geofilter on Snapchat, the price will depend on the size of your Geofence. In addition, where the Geofence is located and how long the filter will be available will also dictate how much you’ll pay for your custom wedding Snapchat filter.
You must set a portion for this on your wedding budget. Furthermore, remember to make your own filter 24 hours before you intend to launch it or even as early as 180 days before the wedding.
Where to buy Snapchat filters for the wedding
You can also buy instead of needing to design your own wedding Snapchat filter. Similar to other wedding items, you can commission a personalized filter for your wedding.
You can still have your own design if you purchase a template that is easy to customize as well. For example, Etsy offers wedding filters, so you don’t need to create your own from scratch.
The costs range from $3 to upwards of $30, depending on how unique and personal the Snapchat filter is. A reasonably popular wedding Snapchat Geofilter is from the Etsy vendor Filterity where you’ll choose your own graphic, font color, and other wordings you want for the filter.
How To Make A Snapchat Filter For An Event?
Here’s a tutorial on how to get wedding Snapchat filter or for any event:
- Decide if you want to edit Snapchat’s existing Filter templates or make your own Snapchat filter online
- Upload your personal filter artwork for the event, but make sure that it’s under 300 KB, 1080px wide by 2340px high, and follows the other guidelines recommended by Snapchat for it to be displayed satisfactorily
- Select the window of time you want when you want the filter to be available for use; it’s also possible to have the filter run daily or weekly via the Repeating Event option or even yearly with Buy Annually
- Choose the Geofence or location for the custom filter by mapping out the area, then hit Checkout
- Select personal use for the finished filter and rename it
- Enter your payment information and review the terms
- Click Submit and wait for Snapchat to review it
How To Make A Snapchat Filter For Free?
Do you know it’s possible to make your own filter for the wedding for free? Canva offers a free Snapchat Geofilter Maker, and here’s how to use it:
- Launch Canva and select Snapchat Geofilter
- Choose among Canva’s pre-designed wedding templates
- Check the illustrations, graphics, and images to personalize your filter
- You can also mix the color schemes and fonts from other templates
- For a more personal Snapchat wedding filter, you can upload your own artwork or images as well
- Download and save the finished filter and save it as JPG
- Upload your Geofilter to Snapchat, and share it with the wedding guests
How Do I Announce My Marriage On Social Media?
- Film a video announcement and post it on your Youtube channel or Facebook account
- Share the Facebook photos and posts by friends and family who attended your wedding
- Tweet about your marriage on Twitter
- Post your wedding photos on Instagram
- Use a wedding hashtag and have guests post about your wedding online
Besides making your own filter, you can also announce your marriage traditionally via an announcement. Here’s what to say on a wedding announcement to get started.
Was this tutorial helpful? You just learned how to make your own Snapchat filter for wedding by choosing among their existing templates or creating your own from scratch.
The price for a custom filter depends on the location, size of the Geofence, and how long it’ll be available. Alternatively, you can buy filters online from other artists.