Whether the party theme is woodland or owls are just your favorite animals, here’s how to make owl baby shower decorations. We’ve listed tutorials for owl decorations like centerpieces, backdrops, lanterns, and even desserts.
You will also find a guide for owl invitations and a delicious recipe for an owl chocolate cake. And for more DIY decoration ideas you can combine with the owl theme, here’s how to decorate for a baby shower party.
How To Make Owl Baby Shower Decorations
Owl centerpieces for brunch or tea party baby showers
Centerpieces are one of the easiest owl decorations in your baby shower. You only need to purchase owl-shaped vases and arrange flowers to decorate your party tables.
A tip is to use flowers that would fit the woodland theme or consider natural colors like brown and green on the other table decorations. Besides flowers, you can also use other rustic elements like twine, burlap ribbon, or tigs in owl containers as centerpieces.
If you can’t find owl vases, consider owl stickers and cutouts. Glue these owl details on centerpieces like containers, cages, and lanterns for a rustic or forest animal theme party.
Here are more tips on how to decorate baby shower tables.
Owl-themed baby shower backdrop
Transform the stage or cake backdrop using owl stickers or DIY printouts from colored paper. Start with plain fabric or place a wooden backdrop on the space and stick the owl decorations on it with glue or pins.
You can also make owl banners with letters inside each owl to spell out the baby shower. Garlands and balloons decorated for the owl theme will also help decorate the backdrop.
You can also highlight the party’s focal point with an arch made from tree branches where you can hang owl decorations.
Owl paper lanterns for outdoor baby showers
It’s easy to make lanterns, but you can also purchase cheap paper lanterns. Then, you can have owl stickers to look like silhouettes against the lanterns.
But if you have the time, you can create paper owls yourself. You can purchase templates for cutouts for quick and easy owl paper lanterns.
Alternatively, this tutorial shows you can fold paper to create round owl lanterns. You only need paper, glue, and scissors.
Edible owl baby shower desserts
To fully embrace the owl theme for the party, your desserts at the baby shower should also look like owls. You can decorate the party and serve the guests yummy food in cute owl designs.
They can even be your baby shower gifts or favors to the guests. For example, decorate cupcakes as owls or read the recipe below for an owl baby shower cake.
You can even arrange fruit platters into an owl to add to your snack table. Or, for a brunch baby shower, try an owl sandwich or waffles placed as owls.
How To Make Owl Baby Shower Invitations
Convey your owl baby shower theme, not just with the decorations and party supplies. Here’s how to make owl-themed invites for the baby shower:
- 4 by 6-inch colored or patterned paper sheets for the owl’s body and head
- 3 by 12-inch colored paper strips for the owl’s wings
- Different colors of paper strips for the owl’s eyeball, iris, and pupil
- Circle template for the owl’s eyeball
- Different sizes of hole punch for the iris and pupil of the owl
- Double-sided tape
- Invitation envelopes
- Construct the owl with the eye details using glue and a small paintbrush
- Cut out the wings and add them to the owl with yarn
- Arrange the wings so the mechanism hides the owl’s body, but they can be moved outward to reveal the written information
- Reshape the head of the owl invites
- Print the baby shower information on smaller rectangular pieces of paper and glue them onto the owl’s body
- Insert the baby shower invitations on standard-sized envelopes
How To Make An Owl-Themed Baby Shower Cake
The owl-themed baby shower is only complete with an owl cake. Here’s a delicious chocolate cake to wow or, as owls say, “woo,” your guests:
- 325g all-purpose flour
- 450g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 5 eggs
- 325g butter and 250g for the icing
- 235g melting chocolate
- 300 ml sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 350g icing sugar
- 50g cocoa
- 2 tbsp milk
- Chocolate buttons and bars for decorating the owl cake
- Different colors of icing for details
- Preheat the oven to 284°F
- Line cake tins for the owl’s head and body
- Melt butter and chocolate and mix in the vanilla
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder, and add sugar gradually to prevent lumps
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, and sour cream, then pour them into the dry mixture
- Pour the chocolate and butter you melted into the mix until the batter is smooth
- Bake the chocolate cakes for an hour until the toothpick comes out clean after inserting it into the pans
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate icing by beating the butter
- Add the icing sugar and cocoa gradually to maintain a smooth consistency
- Add the milk to the frosting and mix until it’s soft
- Cut the cooled cakes to create a round owl
- Decorate the cooled cakes using different candies and piping tips
Was this tutorial useful? You just learned various ways how to make owl baby shower decorations with centerpieces, lanterns, backdrops, and even owl-themed foods.
Let us know below which DIY crafts you’ll try or if you’ve made the owl cake above.