It’s really easy to learn how to make mints for baby shower, and the delicious recipe only needs a few ingredients. We’ll share tips below on perfecting cream cheese mints for the baby shower.
You’ll also know how to make these mints more virtually appealing for the occasion. And for a recipe for something savory, here’s how to make baby shower meatballs that you can add to your party food table.
How To Make Mints For Baby Shower At Home
For these easy and delicious baby shower mints, prepare these ingredients:
- Four ounces of softened cream cheese
- One tablespoon of softened salted butter
- Four cups of powdered sugar
- Half a teaspoon of peppermint extract
- Food coloring according to the colors of the baby shower
- ⅛ teaspoon of vanilla extract
It’s easy to achieve the perfect texture for homemade cream cheese mints:
- Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and butter until the consistency is creamy using a food processor
- You may need to experiment with pulses to mix everything thoroughly
- Add the peppermint and vanilla flavoring to the mixture and pulse again
- Add the food coloring to the mint mixture and knead by hand until the dough changes into your desired color
- You can portion the cream cheese dough for different baby shower mint colors
- Roll the mints into long strands; alternatively, you can shape them into cookies
- Refrigerate until you can slice the mint lengths into individual pieces
- Let the baby shower mints dry out for 24 hours
How Do I Decorate The Mints For The Baby Shower?
There are many ways to decorate baby shower mints and make them eye-catching for the dessert table. You can serve the mints in different colors or use colorful boxes, plates, and bowls.
But for unique baby shower mints, you can create marbled mints or use animal cookie molds.
Marbled baby shower mints
It’s easy to achieve marbled colors on the baby shower mints. The technique is not to thoroughly mix the food coloring into the cream cheese dough.
This way, some parts of the dough are still white or pale yellow, and there are streaks of the color you added. For baby showers, use blue, pink, or other pastel colors, and don’t mix them thoroughly on the dough to achieve marbled pastel mints.
Animal baby shower mints
The mint recipe above can also make animal baby shower mints. Purchase silicone molds of animals or even other cute shapes for the baby shower.
Press some of the cream cheese dough into the molds with a fork. Then, let the mints dry at room temperature or refrigerate the molds with the mints overnight.
Pop them out carefully, and your cute animal mints are ready.
How Long Can Cream Cheese Mints Sit At Room Temperature?
If you’re serving cream cheese mints at the baby shower, remember to place them somewhere cool and out of direct sunlight. But for outdoor baby showers or rooms that aren’t airconditioned, cream cheese mints can be left out for three hours.
If it’s particularly hot, they should be refrigerated for half an hour again after being out for three hours. Most baby showers last for three hours anyway, so you shouldn’t worry about the cream cheese mints being left out for too long.
However, if you’re giving them away as baby shower favors, it might be better to opt for other desserts like cookies. Here’s a yummy recipe on how to make baby shower cookies.
How Long Can You Freeze Cream Cheese Mints?
You can make a big batch of cream cheese mints, as they can be frozen for another occasion. You can store the leftover in the freezer if you accidentally made too many balls and mints from the baby shower.
Cream cheese mints can be stored in the freezer for six months. When stacking the mints, use an airtight container and put parchment paper between the layers.
If you’re storing the cream cheese mints in the fridge, they should be suitable for two weeks. But if you forget them outside, they can last a maximum of four hours at room temperature.
Are There Any Allergens In The Cream Cheese Mints?
Some guests might be allergic to milk, so you can consider a dairy-free cream cheese mint recipe. To make this type of mint, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 8 ounces of dairy-free cream cheese
- ¼ cup of dairy-free butter
- Mint extract
- Half a cup of powdered sugar for rolling
- 2 pounds of powdered sugar for the mints
- Food color
And to make dairy-free cream cheese mints:
- Mix the cream cheese and butter thoroughly
- Add one cup of sugar and mix
- Add the mint extract and combine thoroughly
- Add the remaining sugar and mix completely
- Fold the food coloring into the cream cheese dough
- Cover the mixture and put it in the fridge for a few hours before rolling and cutting the mint pieces
And that’s it! To recap how to make mints for baby shower, you’ll mix the cream cheese, sugar, and butter to make the basic dough.
Then, add mint and vanilla, then color portioned dough for the baby shower. You can also modify the recipe with dairy-free cheese and butter if some guests have milk allergies.