If you want to know how to make dipped Oreos for baby shower, here is a delicious DIY recipe in beautiful colors for the baby shower. We’ll also share the best chocolate for covered Oreo cookies.
And speaking of sweet recipes for the occasion, you should prepare a candy table for the shower. Here’s how to make marshmallow lollipops for the baby shower to serve along with your dipped Oreos.
How To Make Dipped Oreos For Baby Shower
You’ll use white chocolate chips for this dipped Oreo recipe, so it’ll be easy to color them for the baby shower. A bag of white chocolate chips would be enough for six Oreo cookies; then, you can prepare candy decorations and gel food coloring.
Here are the instructions for easy DIY dipped baby shower Oreos. Prepare the right-size mold for the Oreo cookies:
- Boil some water in a saucepan and put a glass bowl over it to melt the white chocolate chips
- Set the heat to medium and stir as the chocolate melts
- Color the melted chocolate with food coloring; you can portion the chocolate, so you’ll have blue and pink dipped Oreos for the baby shower
- Take half the melted chocolate into a plastic sandwich bag and clip off ⅛ inches from it to create a piping bag
- Fill ¾ of three molds and push an Oreo cookie into each of them, far enough for the melted white chocolate to cover the side
- Cover the exposed Oreo side with more chocolate using the makeshift piping bag
- Lightly hit the mold tray on the counter to ensure that the chocolate evenly covers the Oreos
- Put the chocolate-dipped Oreo cookies in the fridge for 20 minutes
- Carefully remove them from the mold and decorate them with candies or another color of melted chocolate with a piping bag
- You can also cover the Oreos with different-colored chocolate on each side
What Is The Best Chocolate To Use For Dipping Oreos?
White chocolate chips are the easiest option if you want dipped Oreos for the baby shower. They are easy to melt and color with gel food coloring to match the baby shower theme.
You can also use milk chocolate chips for delicious dipped Oreos or make half and half of white and milk chocolate for each side of the Oreo cookie. Another option if your friends and family prefer something that’s not as sweet for the party is dark chocolate.
Dark chocolate-dipped double-stuffed Oreos would be very indulgent and delicious, especially when served with tea and coffee at the baby shower.
How Do You Dip Oreos In Chocolate Without Mold?
If you’re making chocolate-covered Oreos for the baby shower, but you don’t have a mold for the Oreo cookies, a technique you can do is to submerge them in melted chocolate one by one.
- Melt white chocolate or any chocolate you want in the microwave
- Add pink or blue food coloring to match the baby shower theme
- Place an Oreo cookie over a fork and dip it in the bowl of melted chocolate
- Flip the cookie over, so the entire Oreo is entirely covered in chocolate
- Lift the fork and tap the Oreo cookie gently to shake off the excess chocolate
- Wait for the extra chocolate to drip off from the Oreo cookie
- Put the cookie on a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat the other Oreos with chocolate
- Refrigerate the covered Oreos to set the chocolate
Can I Make Chocolate-Covered Oreos Ahead Of Time?
You can prepare your DIY chocolate-dipped baby shower Oreos ahead of time to manage your preparation schedule for the party foods. After making the chocolate-covered Oreo cookies, put them inside an airtight container and into the fridge.
They’ll be good for two to three weeks. But to prevent the cookies from sticking to each other, layer them with paper when stacking them inside the airtight container.
You may also do their decorations when setting up the baby shower candy table. And if you made too many chocolate Oreos, you can always store the leftovers; they’ll be good for weeks if stored correctly.
How Many Chocolate-Covered Oreos Will You Need For A Baby Shower?
You can count three chocolate-dipped Oreos per baby shower guest. But if you’re serving other recipes at the party, there can be fewer.
You can also give away chocolate-covered Oreos as baby shower favors. Pack three pieces per bag or give half a dozen per guest if you have an intimate baby shower.
You can decorate each cookie uniquely to fit the baby shower theme. For example, you can use different silicone molds in the print of baby animals or baby items like bottles or socks.
How Do You Package Chocolate-Covered Oreos?
The best packaging for chocolate-dipped Oreos for the baby shower is to put them in boxes with see-through lids. You can pick cute colors like pink or blue for the boxes.
To set up the table, you can put the cookies on colored trays or in tiered cupcake stands. Here’s how to make a candy table for a baby shower for more tips in decorating it.
And that’s it! To recap how to make dipped Oreos for baby shower, you’ll melt chocolate and use molds to cover the Oreo cookies.
Alternatively, you can dip each Oreo in a bowl of melted chocolate using a fork. And for decorations, you can use any candy or melt white chocolate mixed with food coloring and get creative.