This how-to guide will teach you how to keep your recliner from swivelling once it has been locked. This is useful for people who want to save space, especially in small apartments or rooms where multiple pieces of furniture need to be used at the same time.
Steps on Locking a Recliner to Avoid Swiveling
Step 1. The first step is to turn the recliner so that it faces a wall or other stationary object. Sit on the seat and move backwards until you feel pressure against your back and buttocks.
Put your hands on both armrests and push them up towards the head of the chair as far as they’ll go, then hold onto them tightly while sliding forward again until you’re sitting upright with feet flat on the floor.
Step 2. Now you’ll need to unlock the recliner. Look for a metal lever, knob, or button on the side of your chair (usually near the base). Push it in and hold it there with one hand while sliding back towards upright. As you do so, look for an “unlocked” symbol on either armrest that will let go when you’re locked into position.
Tip: It is possible to lock your recliner by pushing a button over the lever on either side of the chair, or by pulling up an armrest and putting it down in such as way that locks it shut.
How to Care for a Recliner
- It’s not as simple as just vacuuming it from time to time. Here are some tips and tricks that will keep your chair looking new:
- Vacuum the furniture regularly, paying close attention to any areas where dust or dirt may be collecting next to the cushions or in the folds of fabric.
- Vacuum or dust off any dirt and debris that has collected on the arms, cushions, pillows and legs as well.
- Apply furniture polish to maintain how nice it looks over time. To do this simply apply some onto an old rag then wipe down all of the surfaces until they are clean.
- Take a rag moistened with furniture polish to the feet of your recliner and then rub them in small circles until they are shiny again.
- If you have stains or other stubborn marks on your chair, apply some glycerin directly onto the area that needs cleaning before wiping off excess liquid and dirt from the surface.
- If the recliner has a cushion, it is important to protect this from spilling drinks and stains because they can lead to permanent discolouration.
How to Repair a Swivel Recliner Mechanism?
A Swivel Recliner Mechanism is a part of the reclining mechanism that allows for swivelling. The people who use these mechanisms are often older adults or individuals with disabilities because they can’t easily get up from the chair without help. When these parts break, it’s important to contact an expert in furniture repairs so you can get them fixed and save your chair.
Steps on Repairing a swivel recliner mechanism
Step 1. Clean the part with soap and water, then dry it off completely so there’s no moisture on the surface of the metal or rubber. If you’re using an oily lubricant, use WD-40 instead because this will help the parts slide more easily.
Step 2. Apply a thin layer of grease to all surfaces that are engaging with other pieces, then use your fingers or pliers to move them around and coat everything evenly in grease.
Step 3. Put it back together and make sure you don’t leave any extra gaps between parts so they can continue to work smoothly.
Step 4. Take the chair for a spin to make sure it’s fixed!
How to Clean Swivel Recliner
Swivel recliners are a common staple in many people’s homes, and they can be great for watching TV during the winter or switching up how you use your living room. However, over time these chairs need to have their parts cleaned so that they stay looking nice. If you’re wondering how to clean swivel recliner seats, read on to find out how.
It’s important to clean these chairs from time to time because they can get dirty with sweat and dirt over the years if left untreated. To make sure you’re doing it right, follow the tips below for a thorough cleaning session:
#1. Take off any cushions that are in place. Sweep out any loose dirt and dust. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any particles that the broom missed.
#2. Take off all of the buckles in place on the chair, including those around the arms and anything else you can find. Remove both headrests from their spot on either side of your head- this will make it easier to clean the top of the chair
#3. Use a sponge and dish soap to scrub down any dirty areas. Use a soft cloth or towel to dry off afterwards. Leave your cushions aside in one spot, so you can re-attach them after they’ve been washed.
#4. Wash both headrests separately on their own with warm water and detergent. Let them air dry.
#5. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any particles that were missed when washing it. Allow it to air dry for at least 24 hours before putting your cushions back in place.