So, you are looking for an inexpensive way to divide a room and give it some privacy? Curtains are a great option! In this blog post, we’ll show how to use curtains in different ways to suits you.
Ideas on How to Divide a Room Using Curtains
Tip #1. This is a great option for people with large windows that are facing each other. Just hang two curtains across the window, and they’ll divide up the room while still letting in plenty of light! You can also use one long curtain to do this trick by hanging it from the top-bottom on either side of your window.
Tip #2. Grab a second curtain and hang it to the side of your window so that you have two curtains in front of each other. This will divide the room very nicely, but make sure to leave at least an arm’s length between them for walking space!
Tip #3. For a really dramatic look, use plenty of panels on either side of your window. Just make sure that the panels are lightweight and lined with sheers to prevent too much of a draft from coming in through your windows! You can also use curtains to add some style to an otherwise dull room. Hang them on one wall or another, whichever suits you best, for a beautiful look that will match any decor.
Tip #4. For a more permanent solution, consider adding window film to your windows. This will keep the light in and make it difficult for peeping eyes to see into the room from outside!
What is a Curtain?
Curtain is an essential part of our life; it can make a beautiful and comfortable atmosphere. Curtain also has many types: for home decoration, in the hotel or restaurant, etc.
There are various kinds of curtains, such as one-layer curtain (single-layer), two layers curtain (double-layer), and three layers curtain (triple-layer).
- One layer curtain is the most common, it can be used in many places, and only one side of the curtain has eyelets.
- Double layers curtains are mainly for home decoration or living room windows; these curtains have two sides with eyelets on them so that people inside could see outside easily without pulling up the curtains.
- Triple layers curtains are like the double layer ones but have three sides with eyelets; they can be closed to make a room dark.
Why you Should use Curtains to Divide up Space
- Curtains can be hung around any part of your home that needs dividing. Whether you want to divide the living room from your dining area or need a space divider for your bedroom, curtains are an easy solution that won’t take much time.
- Curtains also come in many different styles and textures, so there is sure to be one out there that perfectly fits your home decor! In addition to this, they can be changed up whenever you want a change.
How to Care For Curtains
- Hang curtains on a secure rod, preferably away from windows and doors, to avoid drafts.
- Ensure they are not touching the floor or another curtain as this can cause them to become frayed or dirty more quickly.
- Use a mild detergent with cold water when washing your curtains to maintain their color and fabric.
- When drying, avoid direct sunlight or anything that may cause the curtains to fade and dry them on a rack instead.
What Type of Curtain can be Used For Room Dividing?
- Panel curtains are a good option for rooms of any size and offer an easy way to divide the space.
- If you want full privacy, consider using sheers or blackout panels that can be drawn back when desired.
- Grommet styles provide a more formal look with pre-set holes to hang from a rod.
- If you want to pull the curtains back as a design element, headrail style panels can be bought and hung on rods that are installed about six inches from the ceiling to provide room for gathering them into folds.
How do I Divide my Space With Curtains?
Step #1. Choose which side of your couch or bed you want the curtain to hang on.
Step #2. Measure how far up or down from that point you want your curtains to be, and mark where your rod will go with a pencil line across the wall.
Step #3. Drill pilot holes at each end of this line before hammering in a nail for easy reference when installing hardware later.
Step #4. Buy your hardware of choice and install the curtain rod, making sure to use a level for accuracy.
Step #5. Measure how far down from that point you want the curtains on each side of your couch or bed. You will need two lengths of grommet-style panel for this type of installation.
Step #6. Place one end over the top of the curtain rod and drill pilot holes in the grommet so that you can secure it to the wall.
Step #7. Repeat on the other side, lining up your curtains with those already hanging from the first side.
Step #8. Insert your second length of hardware into these grommets and use a screwdriver to tighten them into place.
Step #9. Slide the curtains up and down to your desired height, making sure they’re not tangled on the rod or other parts of the hardware. Add a curtain liner at this point for an extra layer of privacy in case you don’t want people looking eye-level into your room from outside through those windows!