The Lachlan recliner is a stylish and comfortable piece of furniture. For this reason, many people have them in their living room or bedroom. They are very durable so they will last for years to come.
However, the fabric can become dirty over time and how you clean it depends on how much effort you want to put into cleaning it up. Read below for some tips on how to clean Lachlan recliner fabric!
Steps on Cleaning Lachlan Recliner Fabric
#1: Brush off any loose dirt from the surface with a soft dry brush
#2: Fill a bucket with warm water mixed with mild detergent
#3: Dip a sponge gently in the mixture and dab at stains while scrubbing lightly until all stains are removed.
How to Vacuum a Lachlan Recliner Fabric
Vacuuming a recliner is actually pretty easy. You want to start from the top and work your way down so that you do not accidentally brush dirt onto the surface of the fabric. Vacuum in straight, even lines while paying close attention to how much dirt collects on one side over time as well as how dirty your vacuum filter gets.
How to Fix Lachlan Recliner Faulty Mechanism
A faulty Lachlan recliner mechanism can be fixed by taking the following steps:
Remove loose dirt
Removing any excess dust from around where the gears are located with a dry cotton cloth and carefully wipe so that you do not get anything wet or dirty on the surface of your fabric. This will help prolong how long it stays clean.
Remove the cushions from your Lachlan recliner:
Removing all of the cushions will help you see how to fix faulty mechanisms more easily and it allows for a better angle on what needs doing. The best way to do this is by placing one cushion onto its backside while turning another upside down so that the two are barely touching.
Replace any broken or missing parts:
Replacing any broken or loose pieces will help how to fix faulty mechanisms and it can be done by removing one of your Lachlan recliner’s bolts and then simply screwing a new one back in place, reversing how you take out screws as they have a left-hand thread.
How to Cover a Lachlan Recliner with a Slipcover
A slipcover can be used to cover how to clean Lachlan recliner fabric.
One of the benefits is that a new, fresh-looking piece of furniture will cost you less than if you had to buy how to fix faulty mechanisms. A good slipcover should have enough length and width so that it has room for how to clean Lachlan recliner fabric.
In addition, slipcovers can be adjusted for varying lengths and widths for Lachlan recliner fabric.
How to Clean a Lachlan Recliner Fabric
To clean a Lachlan recliner fabric, use the following steps:
- Brush off loose dirt and vacuum to remove more stubborn particles.
- Fill a bucket with warm water mixed with mild detergent. Dip the sponge in the mixture and gently dab at stains while scrubbing lightly until all stains are removed. Rinse well by wiping with a damp, lint-free cloth.
- Mist fabric surface of the recliner with water and allow to air dry. If necessary, use your vacuum cleaner’s crevice tool to get in between cushions for added cleanliness.
How to Lubricate Lachlan Recliner Hinges
Lubricating Lachlan recliner hinges will keep them from sticking and prolong their life. To lubricate Lachlan recliner hinges, use the following steps:
Thoroughly brush off dirt with a stiff-bristled brush or vacuum to remove more stubborn particles before applying any oil.
Apply a small amount of oil to the hinge.
Using a cloth or paper towel, wipe away any excess oil that appears on the surface of the recliner’s upholstery.
Allow hinges to dry for 24 hours before using the recliner again (i.e., sit in a chair).
How Often Should You Clean Lachlan Recliner?
Every day, weekly and monthly.
Daily: use a vacuum cleaner or brush to sweep away the dirt on the surface of your Lachlan recliner fabric.
Weekly: use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe up any stains from any spills that have occurred over the course of the week.
Monthly: have your upholstery professionally cleaned by a professional cleaner.
Suggestions for how to clean Lachlan Recliner fabric
- Vacuum or brush off any dirt on the surface of the recliner before applying oil.
- Apply a small amount of furniture oil to the hinge and wipe away excess with a cloth. Allow hinges to dry for 24 hours before using the recliner again.
- Vacuum or brush off any dirt on the surface of the recliner after application. Allow fabric to dry for 24 hours before use.
- Wipe up any spilled liquids with a damp cloth or sponge.
How to Fix Recliner Motor Problems
- Ensure furniture is level with the floor and reclining at a 90° angle.
- Check for loose screws, broken springs, or any other parts that could be interfering with how the motor operates. Tighten these if necessary.
- Use WD40 to lubricate joints where metal parts meet before use (this will not fix the problem, but can help with how smoothly it operates).
- Wipe away any dirt on the surface of the recliner.
- Vacuum or brush off any debris and loose fabric fibers before use.
- For more thorough cleaning, wipe down the recliner’s exterior with water mixed with dishwashing liquid (or your own preferred cleaning product) and wipe away with a damp cloth.
- To remove any stains, use either baking soda or white vinegar on the area of stain before wiping clean with a water-soaked cloth.
- For stubborn dirt, apply WD40 to the affected areas (not joints!) until all loose.