Those who want to know how much does a destination wedding cost in Jamaica can prepare a starting price of $2,000, but it can be over $10,000, depending on many factors. So, if Jamaica is your dream destination wedding, please continue reading below to learn how to set a budget for this fantastic place.
And speaking of budget, why not also read how to plan a destination wedding on a small budget? Contrary to what some might assume, you don’t need to break the bank to have your wedding outside your hometown.
How Much Does A Destination Wedding Cost In Jamaica: Average Cost
There are many wedding packages available in different resorts and places in Jamaica. And depending on the type and size of the wedding, it’s possible to have a Jamaican destination wedding for only $2,000.
But of course, if you want something more extravagant or you’ll have plenty of guests, then expect to spend ten times higher or about $20,000. Please compare different all-inclusive wedding packages to help you get the most out of your wedding budget.
All-inclusive wedding packages in Jamaica
You can save more on your Jamaican destination wedding cost by comparing different wedding hotel packages. This will also be more convenient since you don’t need to search for the wedding vendors and elements when you arrive in Jamaica.
The following is a sample wedding package from Jewel Paradise Cove for the couple plus ten wedding guests:
- Pre-planning and onsite services by a professional wedding concierge
- Marriage ceremony and certificate performed by a secular officiant
- Online bridal registry and complimentary wedding website
- Wedding location
- Table and folding chairs
- Ceremony sound system
- Bridal bouquet and boutonniere
- Wedding cake and wine toast after the ceremony
- Room decoration with complimentary wine
- Wedding couple massage
- Wedding couple romantic dinner
This wedding package can even be complimentary if you book 25 nights in the hotel.
Cheap wedding packages in Jamaica
Your Jamaican destination wedding costs can be free, especially if you’re staying at a hotel for quite some time. There are resorts in Jamaica that will throw in a free wedding, depending on the number of rooms you’ll book and the duration of your stay.
A free wedding in Jamaica typically consists of the following:
- Reception table for the couple plus under 10 guests
- Bridal bouquet and boutonniere
- Reception with toast
Budget for a Jamaica destination wedding
Here is a sample budget based on the average cost of a destination wedding in Jamaica:
- Wedding package without guests or under ten guests: $2,000 or free depending on the room and duration you booked at the resort
- Airfare: $1,000
- Accommodations: $2,000
You can also expect to spend over $1,500 per wedding guest as a guide. And to ensure that you’ll get the wedding of your dreams, consider having an onsite wedding coordinator or opt for a customizable wedding package.
Be aware of who pays for a destination wedding to know the expectations of these weddings.
What Is The Average Cost Of A Destination Wedding?
The average destination wedding cost in Jamaica is around $6,500. Therefore, couples can expect to spend this amount, making Jamaica one of the best and most affordable places for a destination wedding.
Compared to a wedding in the US at around $20,000, a Jamaican destination wedding is noticeably more affordable. But of course, you need to factor in the airfare and accommodations of your guests if you’ll also cover them.
How Much Is A Small Destination Wedding In Jamaica?
Jamaica is a popular wedding destination because of the weather, ease of travel, landscapes, and welcoming people. And if you’re having a small wedding with under 20 guests, it should be affordable.
Compare the all-inclusive wedding packages from different resorts to know how much you should budget. Of course, you will also save more if you have all your guests in one hotel.
Regardless, here is a sample budget breakdown for a simple and small Jamaican destination wedding in Moon Palace Jamaica:
- Complimentary wedding package: free if you book seven nights
- Rooms: $330 per person per night
- Entry-level wedding package: free for 30 guests with inclusions
How Do You Do A Destination Wedding In Jamaica?
Selecting from Jamaica destination wedding packages will be more convenient since the resort will provide everything from the officiant, legalities, venue, and food. However, it would be best to still plan your Jamaican wedding to avoid issues once you arrive.
- Discuss with your spouse the vision you both want for the wedding
- Manage your wedding expectations according to your budget
- Choose where you want to get married in Jamaica
- Decide the guest list size
- Know what costs you’ll shoulder for the guests
- Select a wedding package that fits your needs and book it
- Book hotel rooms and flights in advance and at once
- Allocate extra budget for other expenses once you arrive in Jamaica
- Be aware of the wedding legalities
- Send the destination wedding invites early on
- Plan the weeklong activities around Jamaica to get the most of your trip
- Assign your maid of honor and best man to guide the other guests
Was this budget guide helpful? To recap how much does a destination wedding cost in Jamaica, it can be as affordable as $2,000.
The average couple spends under $7,000 as well, which makes Jamaica one of the most affordable destinations for weddings. However, be aware of different wedding packages from various resorts, so you’ll be getting the most of your wedding budget.