This blog post is going to tell you how to lower an Ikea swivel chair. It’s a great way to save space in your home, and make it possible for children and shorter people (or those who just have short legs) to enjoy the benefits of this type of chair! Swivel chairs are more than just a place for sitting – they can be used as a desk or table.
Steps on Lowering Ikea Swivel Chair
Step 1. Make sure that the chair is not in use by another person or pet. Put a rug on the floor with which to catch any of your screws, bolts, and nails.
Step 2. Check how much space you need under the swivel chair for clearance from other furniture pieces (such as a couch). Measure this space with your tape measure from the front of the chair to how far you need it.
Step 3. Put a piece of cardboard or something else that is easy to cut on top of the rug, and use this as a guide for where to put all of these components: screws (bolts), washers, nuts/washers, drill machine, drill bit, and something to secure the chair (such as a bungee cord).
Step 4. Use your tape measure once again. This time how far you need it from the back of the swivel chair for clearance purposes. Cut out this measurement with a utility knife and place it on top of the rug next to where you will be drilling holes.
Step 5. Use your drill machine to make the holes where you will be putting screws. Put in a washer and nut on each side of the chair, then use a wrench to tighten.
Step 6. Remove cardboard or other material from the rug, remove seat cover by pulling outwards until all four corners lift and unhook at the bottom first before removing.
Step 7. Remove screws from the front and back (top) pieces that secure armrests together with a screwdriver or wrench. Gently tug at each side until they come apart from one another; repeat on another side.
Step 8. Put back together how to lower the swivel seat and attach with screws. Place the chair upside down on top of the rug in the area you want it.
How to Care for Swivel Chair
#1. Store the chair with a clean and dry cloth to protect it from dust
When not in use, store your Ikea swivel chair covered in either a clean dry cloth or plastic cover. This will help prevent any dirt or other unwanted things from getting on your furniture, and keep it looking its best for as long as possible!
#2. When the chair is in storage, check for any damage
Keep an eye on how your furniture is doing while it’s not being used. You may find that there are some hidden issues, like a broken leg or a cracked seat!
If you have a swivel chair and want to clean it:
- Use mild soap and water to clean the seat, or in a pinch, you can use bleach
- Use an upholstery cleaner and brush for any tough stains
- Ensure that there are no loose screws before storing it away again
If you have a swivel chair with wheels:
- The best way to remove dirt from your chairs is by using a vacuum cleaner
- Vacuum up the dirt and then use a damp cloth to wipe off any leftover residue, or if you have an oily stain, try using dishwashing liquid diluted with water
If your chair has wood:
- If there are stains on the wood in your furniture such as from food spills; gently scrub them away with a damp cloth, or if you have an oily stain, try using dishwashing liquid diluted with water
- You can also use furniture polish to revitalize the colour and restore the lustre of your wood
If your chair has fabric:
- Remove any food spills from stains by dabbing at them lightly with salt on a wet paper towel
- If you have an oily stain, try using dishwashing liquid diluted with water. For the best results use a lint-free cloth and then rinse it in cold water to avoid transferring any of the oil from your hands onto the furniture
- To remove stubborn stains like red wine or ink; apply rubbing alcohol and gently pat at the stain with a lint-free cloth
- If the fabric is dry clean only, take it to your local cleaners.
If you have metal or plastic:
- Clean stubborn stains on metal or plastic chairs by rubbing them gently with steel wool and dish detergent for an hour. Rinse off the soap residue immediately afterwards and wipe any remaining soap off with a lint-free cloth
- Apply your favourite furniture polish and buff to make it shine.
How to Clean Ikea Swivel Chair
- Wipe down the swivel seat with a damp cloth.
- Vacuum Ikea Swivel Chair, being careful not to use any attachments that might scratch the Ikea Swivel Seat’s finish.
- Clean chair arms and armrests with a damp cloth.
- Dust chair with a dry cloth, or vacuum if you want to be really thorough.
- Wipe down the back of the swivel seat with a wet soapy scrubber; rinse and wipe clean with a towel-dried in between each swipe.